Hi there, girls and boys, women and germs. That is Tim Ferriss. Welcome to a different episode of The Tim Ferriss Present, the place it’s normally my job to take a seat down with world-class performers of all differing types to tease out the habits, routines, favourite books, and so forth that you may apply and take a look at in your personal life.
This time, we now have a barely completely different format. I’m the visitor, and also you requested the questions.
I just lately sat down with subscribers to my e-mail e-newsletter for a enjoyable and stay Q&A on YouTube.
To affix these unique Q&A classes sooner or later, it’s easy. Simply join at tim.weblog/friday.
Each Friday, you’ll obtain my free 5-Bullet Friday e-newsletter—a brief e-mail of 5 bullet factors. It’s one of the standard newsletters on the earth.
Every e-newsletter describes the 5 coolest issues I’ve discovered or explored that week, usually together with books, devices, tech workarounds, tips from consultants, unusual experiments, and bizarre stuff from all around the world. My subscribers have seen many, many issues on the edges earlier than they’ve gone mainstream.
On this episode, I reply questions on resurrecting “forgotten” languages, canine coaching, author’s block, lowering alcohol consumption, AI companions, coaching the “adequate” muscle, low-back ache, the significance of weight coaching and muscle mass, journey suggestions for Japan, managing worry of loss of life and the descent to loss of life, breaking adverse self-talk, and far, way more.
Please get pleasure from!
Hearken to the episode on Apple Podcasts, Spotify, Overcast, Podcast Addict, Pocket Casts, Castbox, Google Podcasts, Amazon Music, or in your favourite podcast platform. You’ll be able to watch the Q&A on YouTube right here.
#704: Q&A with Tim — New Religions, AI Companions, Longevity Levers, Resurrecting “Forgotten” Languages, Stress-Testing Cherished Beliefs, Ways for Author’s Block, Low-Again Ache, and A lot Extra
This episode is dropped at you by Cometeer! Cometeer is hyper-fresh, expertly brewed, flash-frozen espresso that produces an extremely scrumptious cup. Cometeer helps you to put together your espresso with no mess, no machines, no burning, and no bitterness. Cometeer sources high-quality beans from the nation’s high roasters. The espresso is brewed utilizing proprietary know-how to tug out extra taste compounds and antioxidants. It’s then flash-frozen at minus 321 levels Fahrenheit to lock in that unbelievable taste and freshness of the specialty brew. Merely add scorching water and also you’ve acquired a game-changing cup of espresso. It’s simply customizable in seconds for iced coffees, lattes, espresso martinis, and extra.
Order in the present day at Cometeer.com/TimTim. Listeners of The Tim Ferriss Present will obtain $25 off their first order.
This episode is dropped at you by AG1! I get requested on a regular basis, “For those who might use just one complement, what would it not be?” My reply is normally AG1, my all-in-one dietary insurance coverage. I really helpful it in The 4-Hour Physique in 2010 and didn’t receives a commission to take action. I do my greatest with nutrient-dense meals, after all, however AG1 additional covers my bases with nutritional vitamins, minerals, and whole-food-sourced micronutrients that help intestine well being and the immune system.
Proper now, you’ll get a 1-year provide of Vitamin D free together with your first subscription buy—a significant nutrient for a robust immune system and powerful bones. Go to DrinkAG1.com/Tim to say this particular supply in the present day and obtain your 1-year provide of Vitamin D (and 5 free AG1 journey packs) together with your first subscription buy! That’s as much as a one-year provide of Vitamin D as added worth while you strive their scrumptious and complete each day, foundational vitamin complement that helps whole-body well being.
This episode is dropped at you by Eight Sleep! Eight Sleep’s Pod Cowl is the best and quickest technique to sleep on the good temperature. It pairs dynamic cooling and heating with biometric monitoring to supply essentially the most superior (and user-friendly) answer available on the market. Merely add the Pod Cowl to your present mattress and begin sleeping as cool as 55°F or as scorching as 110°F. It additionally splits your mattress in half, so your companion can select a very completely different temperature.
Till November thirtieth, my listeners can save $350 on the Pod Cowl. Go to eightsleep.com/tim for these unique vacation financial savings. That’s eightsleep.com/tim for these unique and really particular vacation financial savings! Eight Sleep at present ships inside the USA, Canada, the UK, choose international locations within the EU, and Australia.
Need to hear my final Q&A? Hearken to the episode right here, wherein I answered questions on newsletters I learn on daily basis, easy methods to launch a profitable nonprofit, outcompeting in a saturated market, notable contributions throughout my days as a tech firm advisor, cosmic insignificance remedy, metaverse musings, current non secular shifts, required studying for somebody in want of self-love, and way more.
#628: Q&A with Tim — Revisiting 15+ Years of PR and Advertising and marketing Classes, Time Dilation for Deep Rest, The Artwork of Setting Extremely-Excessive Costs, The Low-Info Weight loss program, Learning Animal Communication, My 3-Day Fasting Protocol, Instruments for Dealing with Adversity, Promoting to the Prosperous, My Present Espresso and Alcohol Guidelines, Danger Mitigation, and A lot Extra
What was your favourite quote or lesson from this episode? Please let me know within the feedback.
SCROLL BELOW FOR LINKS AND SHOW NOTES…
SELECTED LINKS FROM THE EPISODE
- What Is Your Carbon Footprint? | The Nature Conservancy
- Put Oil Again Underground | Appeal Industrial
- An Anti-GHG 501c3 | Terraset
- So You Need to Be a Neuroscientist? | Harvard Mind Science Initiative
- Tips on how to Change into a Marine Biologist | Conservation Careers
- Tips on how to Change into a Comedian E-book Artist | The Artwork Profession Mission
- Derek Sivers — The Joys of an Un-Optimized Life, Discovering Paths Much less Traveled, Creating Tech Independence (and Dangers of the Cloud), Taking Large Leaps, and Choosing the Proper “Sport of Life” | The Tim Ferriss Present #668
- The 4-Hour Physique: An Unusual Information to Fast Fats Loss, Unimaginable Intercourse, and Turning into Superhuman by Timothy Ferriss | Amazon
- Occam’s Protocol
- 4-Hour Physique: Occam’s Protocol and the Minimal Efficient Dose | Social Media College, International (SMUG)
- The Gradual-Carb Weight loss program One-Pager | Tim Ferriss
- Masterpieces of Fantasy Artwork by Dian Hanson | Amazon
- Fan Ho’s Avenue Images: What Hong Kong Appeared Like 60 Years In the past | Public Supply
- The Acutely aware Management Group
- The 15 Commitments of Acutely aware Management: A New Paradigm for Sustainable Success by Jim Dethmer, Diana Chapman, and Kaley Warner Klemp | Amazon
- Don’t Let Perfection Be the Enemy of Productiveness | Harvard Enterprise Evaluate
- “I Suppose That Saying ‘Good Sufficient’ is a Superpower.” -Derek Sivers | Tim Ferriss, Twitter
- Logitech BRIO Extremely HD Webcam | Amazon
- MacBook Professional | Apple
- Audio-Technica ATR2100x-USB Cardioid Dynamic Microphone | Amazon
- Instruments of Titans: The Ways, Routines, and Habits of Billionaires, Icons, and World-Class Performers by Tim Ferriss | Amazon
- Fasting vs. Gradual-Carb Weight loss program, Prime $150 Purchases, Balancing Productiveness and Rest, and Extra | The Tim Ferriss Present #213
- Imposter Syndrome: Why You Could Really feel Like a Fraud | Verywell Thoughts
- Aizuchi | Wikipedia
- Definition of Backcountry Snowboarding, Slackcountry, Sidecountry, and Off Piste | The Backcountry Ski Touring Weblog
- 10 Causes to Lastly Give Backcountry Snowboarding a Strive | goEast
- Skis | DPS Skis
- How I Constructed a #1-Ranked Podcast With 60M+ Downloads | Tim Ferriss
- 1,000 True Followers by Kevin Kelly | The Technium
- Inventive or Cool Excuses to Not Drink | r/TheGirlSurvivalGuide
- Dr. Bronner’s Pure-Castile Liquid Cleaning soap (Child, Unscented) | Amazon
- Examine Your Sunscreens! Extra Remembers Resulting from Benzene | The Authorized Examiner
- Nordic Naturals ProOmega 650 EPA/450 DHA | Amazon
- Simple Power: Tips on how to Get a Lot Stronger Than Your Competitors-And Dominate in Your Sport by Dan John | Amazon
- The DC Comics Information to Writing Comics by Dennis O’Neil | Amazon
- Tiny Habits: The Small Adjustments That Change The whole lot by BJ Fogg | Amazon
- Atomic Habits: An Simple & Confirmed Strategy to Construct Good Habits & Break Unhealthy Ones by James Clear | Amazon
- Tips on how to Learn the Good Books | The New Yorker
- The 4-Hour Chef: The Easy Path to Cooking Like a Professional, Studying Something, and Dwelling the Good Life by Timothy Ferriss | Amazon
- 12 Guidelines for Studying International Languages in File Time — The Solely Publish You’ll Ever Want | Tim Ferriss
- Die Onerous | Prime Video
- One Piece Wiki | Fandom
- Don’t Shoot the Canine!: The New Artwork of Instructing and Coaching by Karen Pryor | Amazon
- Canine Ideas and Coaching | Tim Ferriss
- The Most Vital Talent to Educate Your Canine | Tim Ferriss
- Tips on how to Maintain Your Canine Occupied | Tim Ferriss
- Canine Breakfast Ideas with Molly | Tim Ferriss
- Canine Methods: Command, Security, and Vainness | Tim Ferriss
- Susan Garrett — Grasp Canine (and Human) Coach | The Tim Ferriss Present #200
- Tips on how to Lose 100 Kilos on The Gradual-Carb Weight loss program — Actual Pics and Tales | Tim Ferriss
- The Healthiest Purple Meat on the Planet | Maui Nui Venison
- Nutrient Density Research | Van Vliet Lab
- Jake Muise — The Relentless Pursuit of Innovation, High quality, and That means | The Tim Ferriss Present #678
- Mark Zuckerberg: First Interview within the Metaverse | Lex Fridman Podcast #398
- The AI Companion Who Cares | Replika
- An ‘Epidemic’ of Loneliness Threatens Well being of Individuals, Surgeon Basic Says | Smithsonian Journal
- Dr. Vivek Murthy — Former Surgeon Basic on Combating COVID-19, Loneliness, and Extra | The Tim Ferriss Present #417
- Charted: The Fast Decline of International Delivery Charges | Visible Capitalist
- The Sunk Value Fallacy | The Resolution Lab
- What the Luddites Actually Fought Towards | Smithsonian Journal
- The Turing Check | Stanford Encyclopedia of Philosophy
- Google’s AI Handed the Turing Check — And Confirmed How It’s Damaged | The Washington Publish
- Inokashira-koen Park and Ghibli Museum | Really Tokyo
- Shops | Lawson
- Spirited Away (English Language) | Prime Video
- Bar Gen Yamamoto | Instagram
- We Go to a Hidden Bar in Niseko | Steven & Diep
- Bar Gyu+ | Instagram
- Nikko Toshogu Shrine Autumn Grand Competition | Nikko Official Information
- Samurai Archery: Yabusame in Nikko (Japanese Horseback Archery) | Ronin Dave
- Help a Classroom. Construct a Future. | DonorsChoose
- Free On-line Programs, Classes, & Follow | Khan Academy
- Accelerating Youngsters’ Training | Mentava
- Arthur C. Brooks — Tips on how to Be Blissful, Reverse Bucket Lists, The 4 False Idols, Muscular Philosophies, Sensible Inoculation Towards the Darkness, and Extra | The Tim Ferriss Present #692
- Infinite Jest by David Foster Wallace | Amazon
- Including Weight Lifting to Exercises Could Increase Longevity | Harvard Well being
- Peter Attia: Power Coaching for Well being Is a Key to Longevity | Shortform Books
- Outlive: The Science and Artwork of Longevity by Peter Attia | Amazon
- A Information to the Largest Factor Lacking From Your Health Routine: Zone 2 Coaching | The Artwork of Manliness
- Coach Chris Sommer — The Secrets and techniques of Gymnastic Power Coaching | The Tim Ferriss Present #158
- Coach Chris Sommer — The Secrets and techniques of Gymnastic Power Coaching, Half Two: Residence Tools, Weighted Stretches, and Muscle-Ups | The Tim Ferriss Present #180
- Tips on how to Design a Life — Debbie Millman | The Tim Ferriss Present #214
- My Therapeutic Journey After Childhood Abuse (Consists of Intensive Useful resource Record) | The Tim Ferriss Present #464
- Intermittent Fasting: What Is It, and How Does It Work? | Johns Hopkins Drugs
- The 5-Minute Journal | Amazon
- How 30 Grams of Protein at Breakfast Can Assist You Lose Weight | Healthline
- Some Sensible Ideas on Suicide | Tim Ferriss
- What’s Stoicism? | Day by day Stoic
- Stoicism Assets and Suggestions | Tim Ferriss
- The Harvard Classics: Plato, Epictetus, Marcus Aurelius | Amazon
- Historical past of Memento Mori | Day by day Stoic
- Psychedelics Could Reduce Worry of Loss of life and Dying, Much like Emotions Reported by These Who’ve Had Close to Loss of life Experiences | Johns Hopkins Drugs
- Transcendental Meditation
- Logically, After You Die Will Be Like Earlier than You Have been Born | Reality or Fantasy?
- What If We Handled Loss of life Like Delivery? | Fashionable Loss
- Dr. Shirley Sahrmann — A Legendary PT Does a Deep Dive on Tim’s Low-Again Points, Teaches Tips on how to Unlearn Painful Patterns, Talks About Motion as Drugs (or Poison), and Extra | The Tim Ferriss Present #685
- Fisher Traction | Amazon
- Vyper 3 Excessive-Depth Vibrating Foam Curler | Amazon
- Herman Miller Basic Aeron Chair | Amazon
- Therapeutic Again Ache: The Thoughts-Physique Connection by John Sarno | Amazon
- Thoughts Over Again Ache: A Radically New Method to the Prognosis and Remedy of Again Ache by John Sarno | Amazon
- The Mindbody Prescription: Therapeutic the Physique, Therapeutic the Ache by John Sarno |Amazon
- Pilates: What It Is and Well being Advantages | Cleveland Clinic
- A Prophet (Un prophète) | Prime Video
- On Writing: A Memoir Of The Craft by Stephen King | Amazon
- A Fictional World Constructed for These Chaotic Instances | The Legend of CØCKPUNCH
- Chicken by Chicken: Some Directions on Writing and Life by Anne Lamott | Amazon
- The Tao of Seneca: Letters from a Stoic Grasp (aka The Ethical Letters to Lucilius) | Tim Ferriss
- The Science of Gratitude & Tips on how to Construct a Gratitude Follow | Huberman Lab Podcast #47
- Dialectical Habits Remedy (DBT) | Cleveland Clinic
- The Work | Byron Katie
- Kia Kaha | Wikipedia
- [07:10] How I’m lowering my carbon footprint.
- [08:37] Parallel actuality profession selections.
- [09:11] Life optimization (and deoptimization).
- [11:40] Fan Ho: A powerful persona.
- [12:15] The worth of non-public teaching.
- [14:41] Engaged on the “adequate” muscle.
- [16:10] My present video/audio tech specs.
- [16:58] The impression finding out abroad has had on my success.
- [17:54] Is part three with Todd McFarlane imminent?
- [18:05] If it have been written or revised in the present day, what would I add to The 4-Hour Physique?
- [18:44] Cultivating the country nation vibe of my residing area.
- [20:04] Have I ever skilled imposter syndrome whereas interviewing a visitor?
- [22:50] Why is there a washer in my kitchen?
- [23:02] This winter’s snowboarding plans.
- [23:33] If I began podcasting in the present day, what would I do otherwise?
- [25:33] Chopping again on booze.
- [26:46] Skincare.
- [29:44] Social actions that ship most happiness.
- [31:30] But-uninterviewed company I’d wish to have on.
- [32:05] Foiling the friction of fabricating fiction.
- [35:43] Gleaning that means from holy scriptures.
- [36:26] As a polyglot, how do I preserve fluency in languages I’ve discovered?
- [41:05] Coaching puppies, dolphins, chickens, and children: The ability of constructive reinforcement.
- [45:24] Batch cooking and the slow-carb weight loss program.
- [46:57] Digital emotional surrogacy’s impression on the loneliness epidemic.
- [50:43] When reliance on the digital diminishes human deftness.
- [52:22] Journey suggestions for Japan.
- [55:28] The way forward for schooling: Expertise sourcing and accelerated studying.
- [57:08] The way forward for faith(s).
- [1:00:05] The significance of weight coaching for longevity.
- [1:03:48] Bettering interview abilities and asking the correct questions.
- [1:08:54] How I kickstart my metabolic equipment within the morning.
- [1:11:56] Managing worry of loss of life with Stoicism and transcendent experiences.
- [1:15:20] Managing again ache: Workout routines, methods, and instruments.
- [1:19:47] A pronouncement for Pilates poo-pooers.
- [1:20:32] Relationship recommendation could also be allotted at a later date.
- [1:21:26] Rewatching favourite motion pictures.
- [1:21:53] Books that have been higher after a reread.
- [1:22:51] Breaking adverse self-talk: Gratitude observe and dialectical behavioral remedy.
- [1:23:44] Parting ideas.
Associated and Really helpful
The Tim Ferriss Present is one of the most well-liked podcasts on the earth with greater than 900 million downloads. It has been chosen for “Better of Apple Podcasts” thrice, it’s usually the #1 interview podcast throughout all of Apple Podcasts, and it has been ranked #1 out of 400,000+ podcasts on many events. To hearken to any of the previous episodes without cost, take a look at this web page.